[Not posting it in topic #10525 to not flood it, obviously]
As of currently, the message that opens the Post Ban Request thread is as follows:
Post requests to ban paid rewards or posts from banned artists here. Don't flag them.
However, obviously, this is not the extent of posts that cannot be viewed by non-Builders+/non-Mods+. From Help:Upload Rules, the entries that I am pretty sure are bannable, are:
- Paid rewards.
- Commercially licensed
- Real photos of any person under the age of 18. (well, this one isn't exactly status:banned-able, but close enough)
- Real life pornographic photos or videos, such as Western porn actresses or Japanese AV idols.
While I obviously am not disputing paid rewards or IRL porn/photos of minors, there seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the "Commercially released" part.
As of currently:
- There are only four posts in the search anime_screencap status:banned -banned_artist (fifteen including banned artists), while there are 13.9k anime screencaps overall, not only including still images, but even full scenes with sound, like in post #2639412 (it's even active!).
- From a quick skim through comic status:banned -banned_artist -paid_reward, most posts are actually not commercially released manga, but... I actually cannot tell what - there does not seem to be a tag that would specify the reasons, and all these posts get the "The artist requested removal of this page" message. Some of them surely are exactly that, but how many...?
- We have NNT's statement in forum #216727:
Books/manga that have been commercially published (ie not doujinshi) are forbidden because they're at very high risk of DMCA.
- Scans of magazines such as Megami Magazine are active, no problem.
I am not calling to ban posts that would fall under these categories. I just wish for a proper clarification on these matters.