Refers to modernized or adapted miko outfits.
As the miko tag implicates the Japanese clothes tag, this tag should not be used along with the miko tag unless the depicted outfit would still qualify for the traditional Japanese clothes tag.
Common features of nontraditional miko outfits include:
- hakama short skirts – shortened to resemble modern short skirts, especially pleated skirts
- Sleeveless kimono tops, often with detached sleeves
- Thighhighs – especially white ones with ribbon trims
- High-heeled (wedge or platform-heeled) sandals//geta, often worn with above thighhighs
- Generally designs with elements taken from modern fashions like lolita, school uniforms, etc.