otoko no ko
男の娘 女装少年 femboy こんな可愛い子が女の子のはずがない わぁい 女装子 男の娘×女の子 おとこのこ だが男だ 伪娘 伪伪郎 萝太 お姉さん×男の娘 男の娘×男の娘
男の娘 (Otoko no ko) is a Japanese slang term used to refer to natal males (male at birth) with the appearance of the female gender. The term is a pun on 男の子 (otoko no ko), meaning "boy", replacing 子 with the ko reading of 娘 (commonly musume, girl).
Some communities have mistakenly taken to using the term as a word for feminine boys no matter if they convincingly look like girls or not. If you can correctly tell the character is male with complete certainty from the thumbnail alone without looking at the genitalia, it's not this.
While many otoko no ko engage in crossdressing, it is not a requirement. Sufficiently feminine characters can pass as girls even when near-nude or dressed in typically masculine clothing.
English-speaking fandom has traditionally used the word "trap" for this concept. Due to the negative implications of the term and its history (which 男の娘 largely does not share) as well as the term's ambiguity in English, its use is inappropriate for tagging purposes and it has been aliased.
- Arikawa Hime from Himegoto
- Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha
- Bridget from Guilty Gear
- Felix Argyle from Re:Zero
- Fujisaki Chihiro from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
- Haku from Naruto
- Kanzaki Hideri from Blend S
- Kinoshita Hideyoshi from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
- Shidou Mariya from Maria Holic
- Urushibara Ruka from Steins;Gate
- Watarase Jun from Happiness!
- Yuuki Kei from Moyashimon
- bishounen for boys with both masculine and feminine beauty traits
- reverse trap for ladies in masculine dress
- girly boy for boys that are feminine in personality, but not necessarily appearance
- newhalf for male genitalia, but otherwise female body
- cuntboy for female genitalia, but otherwise male body
- futanari for those with both male and female genitals, but female body
- josou seme, Otoko no ko being the more dominant sexual partner
- Pool: Manly Femboys
The following tags are aliased to this tag: femboy, otokonoko, and trap (learn more).