A place of worship of the Shinto religion.
For tagging purposes:
- Includes small roadside shrines, e.g.: post #530511, post #502261.
- Do not use this tag when there are only torii but no shrine buildings, or other evidence to indicate being nearby. Reason: torii may be situated a significant distance from the main premises of a shrine, and can also be found in places other than shrines.
- When unsure of the religion, tag temple instead.
- When unsure if it is a place of worship at all, consider using other tags such as east asian architecture to describe the structure and other elements.
- torii - the gate
- shide - paper streamer cut in a zig-zagging fashion
- shimenawa - straw rope
- kouhaku nawa - red and white rope
- stone lantern
- donation box
- temizuya - water ablution pavilion
- ema - wooden boards on which people write prayers or wishes
- omikuji - random fortunes written on strips of paper
- miko - shrine maidens
- komainu - lion-like statues
The following tags are aliased to this tag: jinja (learn more).