Zero (ゼロ) is one of the three main characters of the Mega Man X series, as well as the protagonist of the Mega Man Zero series. He also makes an appearance as Biometal Model Z in the Mega Man ZX series.
A high ranking Maverick Hunter in the X series, and a legendary freedom fighter in the Zero series, he's a die hard warrior who doesn't hesitate to take action. However, behind his cold and emotionless attitude lies a wounded soul.
He was created by Dr. Albert W. Wily during the Mega Man series. As such, his designation is DWN-∞ (Infinity). He has the Maverick Virus contained in a gem inside his head which Sigma smashed the gem, causing the Maverick Virus to infect both Sigma and Zero. Subsequently, Zero no longer showed any signs of Maverick behavior while Sigma became a Maverick.
- Black Zero, Zero's upgraded armor
- Absolute Zero, an additional form for Zero obtainable in Mega Man X: Command Mission.
- Bliss Zero, a genderswapped version of Zero from SVC Chaos.
- Zero Nightmare, an evil copy of Zero from Mega Man X6.
- Zero(Z), his redesign in the Zero seires
- Zero.exe, his counterpart in the Mega Man Battle Network series.